Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pretty Much Love My Kitchen Sink

 You know how I love to warm up by doing the dishes? This sink is wonderful because you can lay a big cookie sheet down flat in the main sink.  I don't think it was actually designed to do dishes the way I love to, but you know the dishwasher is lame on getting pans and baking things clean.  So, this morning when I was doing the "warm up" exercise, it smelled like the diaper pail used to.  I looked around.  Can you see why? I do love the Paperwhites that Beth and Chris gave me, but they did bring back a diaper pail smell memory. 

Next subject- besides, can you believe I'm actually posting?  Beth and Chris gave us snowshoes for Christmas.  Last night Chris, Mel and I went to a Snowshoeing 101 class.  It was fun.  They said, put on the snowshoes and walk. 
So right now I'm going right out to use the gift.  So what if it's just the back yard! It's closer to my "warm up" spot, even if it does smell like the diaper pail of the past.

4 comments:

Guthrie's said...

What fun adventures you are having! Washing dishes and snowshoeing! I LOVE my kitchen sink too.
Love YOU too. Stay warm!
Elaine

Kirk and Aly said...

Ahh Mom, I wish I could come wash dishes with you too. It was such a good way to warm up. How far can you snow shoe? Arizona? Maybe you should try - or maybe just take a drive. :) I love your kitchen sink and am glad you put up the painted scale! So cute!

The Jones Fam said...

Thank you for posting!!! It makes it a little less sad that you are hundreds of miles away. The decorations are so comforting to see up in your new house- kinda makes it seem like home can be anywhere, as long as the painted scale, goodie box, and goose go with you.
Jake

Toni said...

If it makes you feel better, my heater is on today :) Looks like life is good there. We miss you here!