Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Before I mail it



I made a quilt for some people I don't know who are having a 50th wedding anniversary.  I'm mailing it off today and just thought you might want to see it before I send it.  It cost me $103. to make using coupons and stuff I already had and it took me 57 hours, as close as I can calculate.  I hope it keeps them warm and happy for another 50 years, because it is made with love.  I sure wish someone would help me learn how to quilt without making holes in my thumb.

1 comment:

Linda Guthrie said...

I can really feel for your poor fingers. I wish I could have been there to help you out and have a good chat while we did it. I have had a real quilting frenzy lately. I feel kind of possessed by the quilting fever. In fact tonight I am cutting out stuff for 3 different quilts and I have another one flying around in my head. Yikes! Maybe all the energy I used to do Primary Music all those years needs an outlet now that I don't do it anymore. Anyway I hope your fingers heal soon. Love you
Elaine (on Linda's e-mail)