Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Auditions anyone?

The other night as our company was leaving, I commented on how I love to hear the locusts sing. As they stepped out the door, little Corwin (perfect name for the little guy) tried to come on in the house. I quickly closed the door, explaining that we weren't having auditions. He hung around until morning and was joined by Goliath. Aaahhh! What do you think I should do? Go ahead with the auditions while Oakley is here to accompany or pray for sea gulls?

Go ahead, enlarge this so you can see why Goliath wants to try out for the bass part. Actually, I am very grateful that my bug man is coming today.

4 comments:

MeL said...

MOM, WE DON'T LIKE BUGS LIKE THAT IN THIS HOUSE! I almost started to cry when I saw the bigger one and thought it was a cockroach! No more pictures of bugs. Tell Earl the bugman hello.

Kirk and Aly said...

Brynn is sitting here with me and she said "Ew, yucky bug" and I have to totally agree with her. I don't like bugs, especially on your doorstep! I think that locusts sound cool, but sure don't want to see them close up!

HooHoo said...

Earl says hi to you Melissa. He said Goliath is actually a Palo Verde Bore Beetle that usually comes out after the first summer rain to mate. He said the other night while he was out in flip flops with his black light killing scorpions at his house, something ran over his foot and he screamed and completely freaked out. It was a Goliath. So if the bug man even freaks at one of these guys, I guess it's okay for you guys to be squeamish! I just don't understand you kids that can look at gross toes and mouth fungus but can't handle a very cool looking bug.

Sara! said...

Goliath has horns. Who knew that Palo Verde Bore Beetle's even existed? I think that he still wants to be in the group, and come on, like you could get another Bass like that? Or, maybe he's one of those really fat bugs that has a crazy high voice. I still need to call Earl/DeRay. I don't like Oakley having the opportunity to eat earwigs.