Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Temple work done!

So, if you've never been to Young Women's camp with Pueblo Stake you don't realize that it doesn't matter what time of the summer you go, you work ALL year to that point to get ready for it. This year we go July 30th to Aug. 3rd so up until this point in the year, the focus has been camp. I have spent the last month painting a (we'll call it large -12ft. x 24ft.) Arizona Temple in preparation for 5 seconds of the last night program and am continuing to gather equipment for FUN activities, rotations, lip syncs, evening programs and the like. I really do love to go to camp. I must, I tell myself, as I try to push my aching neck and back(whine) into an upright position. Anyway, all ya all (as Evon Martin used to say) don't need Eden around to lose your camera. I took a picture of Dad's recovering(?) thumb nail that looks SO cool and promptly can't find it, therefore no picture with this post. I was so mad that I couldn't find it to take a picture of a SQUIRREL that was in our back yard yesterday. How bizarre is that? We have a squirrel and a wood pecker.

Today I painted of a callig thing for Elaine Stradling so that she would loan me 12 wigs. So thanks Emily for talking to me in my panic, but 12 ought to cover it. I cut out five skirts for Nicole's step sister's wedding, tried to do majic on a dress that's too tight for a girl in my ward (still needs some majic) and stitched up a little quilt for another girl whose tension if off. I think my tension is on, and maybe the title for this post should also be "RSV 2". Do you wonder where my kids get their randomness? Do you think Laur Laur is getting rained on at camp? Hope you all have a great day!

4 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

So do you not need the costumes after all? Not that I minded finding them in the cobweb disgusting scorpion infested garage.. okay fine. They are really right when you walk into the garage. But everyone knows what our garage looks like.

HooHoo said...

Emily, I'm not sure that anybody else is like me. After a while of working on something, I kinda think, "oh well, this is good enough for who it's for," when in all reality it really would be better if I followed through. Ya, costumes would make things so much better. I think I was just tired. I'll talk to you today. Thanks for being such a great resource and being able to find pretty much anything in the world in your garage. Amazing!

The Jones Fam said...

Mom,

You industrious girl.

You are the funniest mom in the world. I loved reading this post. It is so typical you- just serving and trying to help everyone. You make me laugh! Good luck with the magic on the dress. Maybe I should be wishing the lovely girl trying to fit into it luck instead though. Oh, and thanks for posting the pictures of Dad's thumb. I've been waiting on pins and needles to see that! Although I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more pus and ooze.

Jake

The Fletchies said...

So you're probably already gone for camp but in my non-experienced and unwise opinion, I think we need to STOP ALL THIS CAMP NONSENSE! do to my procrastinator nature I didn't sleep at all the night before we went and it just seems like so much decorating for one week. And we were at west camp, not even main camp! you are just too fantastic! and I love that you painted a huge mural of the temple. you are amazing! maybe it will come in handy besides the five seconds you are using it for if they do temple construction and need something to divert people's attention? Anyways I don't think it will rain on you, it didn't on us so good luck! Hope your camp is fantastic!