1. I have noticed that every now and then I have a mohawk down the front of my leg because I'm am terrified of shaving off my shin bone. I can handle most blood and guts situations but skin off the shin is trauma.
2. I hear myself volunteering without my own permission. Someone calls and asks me to sew 83 dresses with beading and full lining before Saturday, for example, and I hear myself say, "That sounds fun."
3. Pop makes me "arf."
4. I'm a firm pro-lifer. I love growing things. In my garden the other day I tried to thin my carrots and had such a hard time killing all those little babies. They will never have a chance to grow up.
5. I absolutely love lip bumpers. They have a charm all their own.
6. I'm a masterful dilly dallier.
Example : Mom said to Dad, "I'm tired, and it's nearly midnight (9:30). I think I'll go to bed.
She went to the kitchen to make the next day's lunches, then rinsed out the popcorn bowls, took meat out of the freezer for tomorrow's supper, checked the cereal box levels and filled the sugar bowl. Got out the crock pot and put the beans on to soak.
She then put some wet clothes in the dryer and a load of clothes into the washer because "time of use" was at the lowest, ironed a shirt and sewed on a button. She picked up the game pieces left on the table, put the phone back on the charger and put the telephone book into the drawer. She watered the plants, emptied the wastebasket (recycle day tomorrow), then hung up a towel to dry.
She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom. She stopped by the desk and wrote a thank you note, addressed and stamped the envelope, wrote a check for the apple order she had made, and pulled a book out from hiding under the chair.
She wrote a quick grocery list and put it and the note in her purse. She then washed her face with 3 in 1 cleaner, put on her night solution and age fighting moisturizer, brushed and flossed teeth and cut nails.
Dad called out, "I thought you were going to bed."
"I'm on my way," she said, then made sure the doors were locked and the patio light was off. She looked in each room to make sure all the lamps and TV's were off, hung up a shirt, threw some dirty socks into the hamper, laid out clothes for the next day, and straightened up the shoe rack.
In her own room, she set the alarm; added three things to her six most important things to do list. She read her scriptures, and said her prayers. She visualized the accomplishment of her day and wondered why she could never get as much as she wanted to done in a day.
About that time, Dad turned off the computer and announced to no one in particular, "I'm going to bed." and he did without another thought.
7. I love people and I love trying to figure out what makes them tick. I love the
"Be a peacemaker" motto. Thanks for that FHE so long ago Melissa.
So now you're all frozen from this long freeze tag session and the games over so now it's time to go home.
Have a great week ya'll.