Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break - Fun in Cali vs Quilt Mania

We had planned to join K & A in Cali for a week of ultra fun at the beach and Disneyland when we found out that a family in our ward was going to the temple on Friday to have their four little girls sealed to them. About ten years ago I painted an Arizona temple on a piece of fabric for this couple as incentive for a quilt when they went to the temple. I had given it to them and totally forgotten about it. I was "reminded" about it on Sunday and decided to make good on my word. Russell and Rhondia wanted blue and green so I pieced and pressed and speed quilted until Thursday afternoon. Here it is after the quilting party, just needing to be bound. My treat was being able to be with them in the temple. Words can't express the sweetness. I just regret missing the fun we would have had with our four little Nielson girls. I hope they will forgive.

5 comments:

Guthrie's said...

Hello Super Woman! Too bad you couldn't display ALL your talents at the family fair! I think we would have to rent the Phx Civic Center & Plaza to hold maybe 1/2 of your talents. You are one amazing woman! (By the way I loved your sweet peas and pictures of flowers.) No one knows all the things you do for EVERYONE on the planet. Amazing, truly amazing that's what you are.

The Jones Fam said...

Awesome quilt Mom! You industrious girl. You are definitely an 8-cow wife (and mom!) Too bad you never get to take a break! I guess that's what happens when you have so many talents (or "talons" as Caleb calls them).

Jake

The Jones Fam said...

Congrats to Rhondia and Russell! That makes me so happy! Beautiful quilt too! I wish I could have been there to help. My fingers are itchin' to be stitchin'! I am so excited to start sewing cute doll clothes with Amy and have some mother-daughter bonding time! Thanks again!
-NAT

Kirk and Aly said...

Mom, your quilt is almost as amazing as you! We missed you guys in Cali, but know you were choosing the better part, like always. You are an industrious girl with so many talons (ha ha Caleb, that made me laugh!)!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.