Wednesday, April 2, 2008

#1 Award ~ Most Original Performance

Huber Family Fair entrys are always an array of talent and interest. This year's first prize (in my opinion) went to Dirk and Alexander Fulmer for their cane fighting exhibition. Masterfully executed, men! Other amazing displays, and talented dancers and pianists performed at the fair, but still, cane fighting = numero uno!

Here is an array of varied interests, not all included.



I think Ione would have been proud of my spring flowers this year. I even had a black cala lily and a bunch of white ones. They always remind me of her.










Easter egg dying was put off till Easter night but was just as fun. Pink and blue egg salad sandwiches for the next week were also a hit, except in the smell department.






Plastic eggs were the best for Oakley to crack, but there were so many exciting things going on that it didn't take long for him to move on to the real thing.

We finally got to see Bruce Jones talent displayed on Sunday night as he read a story to us with the help of Nicole. He would have performed at the Huber Family Fair but they missed it by a week. We're glad they are home to perform non-stop for us.

5 comments:

Guthrie's said...

You are too funny! Thanks for the Family Fair pictures.

The Jones Fam said...

Mom, your flowers are sping-tastic! I love the little purple pansies touched with yellow gold! Isn't growing flowers the most satisfying thing in the world? I'm amazed that you are able to get so much else done. If I had your flowers, I would just look at them all day long- for reals!

And I'm glad Bruce and fam got there safely! Luckyyys for getting to move back to AZ!!!

Jake

The Jones Fam said...

whoops! "sping-tastic" should have been "spring-tastic"

I like that I corrected my already made-up word.

Beth said...

Good job on the flowers mom! Even though I was vying for the position, I think you got the ridiculously green thumb of the bunch. Just make sure it doesn't become a red then black thumb as a result of bad critters in gloves (allusion to Emily Jones, et al's and Jacob's technique for garden gloves in Sara's comment section) ok? Speaking of black, cala lily? That sounds beautiful! Thank you for reminding us to consider MLK's message on the 40th anniversary of his assassination. Good Job Mom! (Remember my 8th grade ELP project: "Pioneer's in Civil Disobedience" dual slide projector action set to Michael Jackson 'man in mirror' song and everything! Sweet-like sugarcane fighting!)

Beth said...

...plus Jacob- I like the self-edits. Beth says I should do the same, except for with my mouth. Occasionally, when I get too far 'afield' she'll just parentally put her hand on mine and say "Think of others". Is that normal?