Saturday, March 20, 2010

vacation from our problems










You COULD call it a vacation. We stayed overnight in a beautiful secluded resort with water features. Adventure that we hadn't experienced together before and we loved every second of crossing the water twenty-six times. Mel wouldn't let me count the times we could just jump over the water (4), or when the trail was just a continual seep and we we just trekking through water (11), and I didn't count the times that we fell down. But all in all, even though we feel very old we're glad to be alive and home in our boring bed. Aren't you glad we didn't label this "wet and wild" for it may be a huge disappointment? Kids, get some hiking poles! They were life savers.

4 comments:

Sara! said...

Wet and wild would have been awesome.
I'm glad you're home and safe, I missed you so much!
You're a trooper!

donkeybray said...

Wow! For a minute there I was wondering which of the cousins Mel took on a hike. I *swear* Elise, you looked like a 15-year-old. Anyway, your vac looked almost, um, fun. Maybe a little too much work for a wuss like me! You should be proud! PS: Isn't there someplace a bit more pretty to camp? Love, dona

The Jones Fam said...

That looks like FUN!!! Maybe I'm a little more Melvin and a little less Elise when it comes to hiking and camping. So amazing that there is actually water this year to have to hike through. Looks like a great hike, but totally know what you mean about being glad to sleep in your own "boring" bed. Whenever you go camping, at about 3am you wonder why you thought this was a good idea.

Jake

Anonymous said...

I wish we could have gone with you kids when you went. It looks like it's going to be a bit warm this weekend when we go. I can't wait!