Wednesday, March 3, 2010

funeral therapy

An amazing way to be uplifted is to go to a funeral. I love it. I learn so many good things about people and feel the need to live a better life. I recently attended Jan Loar's funeral and felt the love of God there. Contracting polio when she was 15 and living in an iron lung gave her limitations, but she overcame so much in her life, and was so good that she deserves a crown and a mansion in heaven, plus a body that can run without a struggle.

This week I attended the funeral of a sweet friend from childhood, Kristi Lee Rowley Sherwood Crum, who fought a long fight with lung cancer. She shared her many musical talents widely. I am always strengthened by the things people do in their lives to improve the world around them.

My sweet friend and example, Virginia Stradling passed away this afternoon. I will miss her, but I won't miss her funeral. It does seem a little selfish on my part doesn't it?

Mel thinks it's a sickness with me, nevertheless I will continue and don't plan to repent any time soon.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I think it's perfectly natural to feel how you do. I mean, seeing life end only reinforces our need to live every moment, does it not? I'm sorry for your losses - but I'm happy you are finding some inner peace.