Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Golden

My kids said that this birthday, recently past, was my Golden Birthday. How? I asked. Well, you were born in '54 and you are 54 years old. Wow! So my day was filled with goldness! Many thanks from me to each of you who made it so golden. You are all the BEST!

One golden memory was provided by my sweet sister Elaine. The golden bag with golden tissue paper, produced golden apple cider and two snorkel cups. Now there is a GOLDEN memory. When we were kids we each had a yellow snorkel (straw built into the side) cup with our name written on it with permanent marker. We loved these cups. They were a little difficult to clean, especially after making chocolate milk in them, and drinking homemade lemonade or orange juice was tricky with all the pulp and sometimes a stuck seed, but oh the fun we had with them. We would blow bubbles in our milk until the bubbles came over the side of the cup, and Mom would tell us to stop. I also remember when it was my turn to do the dishes of using them to make great bubbles in the dish water. No wonder it took a couple of hours to do the dishes. Thank you dear Elaine, for the golden memory.

Alan, Marie and Grace, is it a golden day for you?



3 comments:

Marie said...

Golden as in the arrival of a Golden Girl? No. But any day we get a new post from Elise is Golden:)
And I finished my homework for the week, and I think that's pretty golden.

In blowing bubbles in the dish water, did you ever accidentally suck any of it up? I think I did that when I was little. Golden.

Ball Family said...

Happy Birthday Elise.
Everyday should be a Golden Day shouldn't it!

Love Jacquie

Kirk and Aly said...

I'm so excited for the snorkel cups! Those were the funnest! I had snorkel bowls, but we threw them out because they kinda grossed me out when they started getting cereal stuck in the straw part when kids tried to suck up their Cheerios.