Saturday, February 13, 2010

for the love









Happy Valentines Day! It's the time of year when Mel and I celebrate the first time he asked me out. It was a monumental occasion and took much courage on his part. I am so glad that he did. Recently I studied the talk by President Henry B. Eyring, "Our Perfect Example." I've found that this has helped our love to grow so I'd like to share it with you.

1- Pray for the love which allows you to see the good in your companion.

2- Pray for the love that makes weaknesses and mistakes seem small.

3- Pray for the love to make your companion's joy your own.

4- Pray for the love to want to lessen the load and soften the sorrows of your companion.

My Melvi has been doing this for a long time. He is so patient, loving and accepting of me. I love him more than however long ago that was that he first asked me out.

1 comment:

The Jones Fam said...

Great post Mom! We sure love that Melvi too. The pictures are so candidly Melvi. I especially love the one of him pouring milk with the "Jonesjaw". It's fun that his kids and grandkids also got that from him.

Thanks again for coming down and saving us last week. We couldn't have done it without you. Parker finally did sleep in his own bed last night and slept all the way through without coughing, puking or crying!

Love ya!

Jake