Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hey Phil, Six More Weeks of Winter?

Happy Groundhogs' Day!  What do you say? Do you think I have six more weeks of snowshoe possibilities?  Here's my proof that I have mastered back yard snow shoeing.  Now for the trails on the hills.
 Mel has been going out on his bike---yah, he's pretty quick and it's hard to catch him with a camera.
So it snowed last night, so I'll be staying inside today with the goody box and recipe books, baking and eating to keep warm.  And yes, Jake, it does seem more like home with our stuff in it. 
Poor Goosey Lucy is staying in the basement 'til we find a spot for her. 
                             Here's the sunshine room and that makes us happy on the gray days.
                                  
                                         And don't you love the poppies over the fireplace? 
So whether we have six more weeks of winter, or Spring will be here in six weeks, it's a good day because the snow is white and the sky is blue. None of this gray on gray business. Six more weeks, nonetheless!

3 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

I love the yellow bedspread. It reminds me of Grandma Jones' yellow bathroom. I'm so glad you're finally getting some snow so you can snowshoe to your heart's content!
Jake

Kirk and Aly said...

It's looking so good! I do like the poppys over the fireplace! Keep posting pics of the new place!

Lauri Erekson said...

Hi Elise! Where are you living now?