Saturday, April 26, 2008

What's the big DL?

Oakley has taken quite a liking to Bruce. They are MFEO, just like brothers. You don't have to worry about either one if they are together. But on second thought maybe you should. DL=Digging Lively They were in the "desert" digging together the other day. We now have a hole deep enough for a small tree, or child sized wading pool. It's pretty great. DL=desert living
DL=Dog lollygagging. Bruce loves to "ettack" all of the stuffed farm and wild animals. The small pig no longer has back legs.
If you've been around, you've heard of my "dive for the live" story. Here it is in a nutshell (or dog's mouth), as it is in this case. Bruce caught a bird and immediately ran into the house with it still flapping between his teeth, for my approval. He dropped it at my feet by the dining room table and before I could do more than gasp, he grabbed it up and ran over under the piano with it. I told him, "Bruce, you can't be in here with that!" He immediately grabbed it and started upstairs. I went into shock and exclaimed, "Bruce, you can't go up there with that!" I sent him outside for lunch. So what's the big DeaL? We (Kevin and Nicole, Melvin and Grandma) have a bird dog. With that statement I'm afraid that you're all going to think that Grandma is now a Dog Lover. DL=Dog Lover.

That would be a switch and a big DeaL.




4 comments:

Guthrie's said...

Now I know where you have been - Looking out for your Dear Lolly-pup (see Putter & Tabby books). You should tell dad that you are finally turning into a Dog Lover. It is a big DeaL! Congratulations!

Guthrie's said...

Oh, by the way, I love the innocent look on Oakley's face with Bruce in the hole. And the innocent look on Bruce's face with the bird.

Marie said...

When I was in college, I had a dog that was half wolf. She would swallow birds in one bite. Seriously. It was so disgusting! But I think you can be a dog-lover, and hate that they eat birds. (And gag when you have to see it)

Kirk and Aly said...

Mom, I think you need to come to grips with the fact that you are a full-blown DL - Dog Lover! Your last two posts have been about cutie Brucie. We love Bruce too, but we may start to worry about you when you start getting professional pictures of Bruce wearing dresses you made for him. Actually I think that would be fun!