Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mocking is for the birds


Mr. Mockingbird lives here. He is very protective of his home and is a little like one of our children who had the rest of the family convinced that he owned half the house. This guy doesn't really care who makes the mortgage payments, because he OWNS the yard and dive bombs anyone who threatens his domain in the Spring. Well, happily, Spring must be done, because I didn't get dive bombed today when I went out into the back yard. You'd think you would need a large and spacious building to do your mocking. Apparently not. It gives me one reason to like Summer.

3 comments:

jack+alli said...

too bad 'to kill a mockingbird' doesn't exactly give you the 'how to' part of going about the dirty task....

donkeybray said...

Shoot. I wuz gonna donate a couple of cats to use as mockingbird targets in your back yard. Don't you just love their singing, though? Our Safford MB must have gotten hitched because he only twittered for a week or two.

hi de ho said...

I wish our cardinals would think they own our backyard! I love it when I see him or her once in awhile! They have a recognizable 'tweet' as well.