Sunday, March 4, 2012

March right in here, Spring!

 I love the calla lilies and pansies of Spring!  I hope someone on Flossmoor is taking care of those that I planted so carefully.  These two pictures are actually just a reminder to me that Spring really is coming soon. These are last year's flowers.

This year's crop are also going to be beautiful. I learned that pansies are sturdy to cold and wimpy to heat, so maybe that's why they only last through March in Arizona.  Does this little pansy look helpless?  Wayne said that they will do well and look more beautiful if they Winter over. Wish us luck!
Wayne also said that I could plant these primroses outside in a protected area.  Well, my protected spot was on the front porch until the wind or the big bad wolf nearly blew the house down so I brought them inside.  Snow dumped into the pot that I was going to put them in, so by tomorrow most of the snow should melt and I can pull out the dead geranium (no offense, Virginia) and plant the primroses. 

Both of our vehicles sport new licence plates. So we are genuine Utards now. Personally, I can't wait for March to be done, because March is "mustache month" at the dental clinic and guess who is trying to recapture 1973? Yikes!  Let's just hope and pray that he doesn't win for the "best" mustache or he'll have it for another month.  He'd have to borrow somebody's van or ice cream truck and I'd be scared. 

Hope you all have a wonderfully lucky March!  Anyone want to come help with an Irish chain quilt?

1 comment:

The Jones Fam said...

How lucky that I checked your blog right after you had just posted this fun stuff! Um, not quite sure about Dad in a mustache. Can he possibly postpone it until April? I'm a little nervous to see this one when we come in a couple weeks!

Oh, how I hope spring comes soon for you up there! Not to brag, but it has been SO nice here lately. But you can brag to us next month when it's already 100 degrees in AZ

Can't wait to see you!!!!

Jake